Saturday, November 29, 2014

Ab Montu Bolega- The Power of Voice to Clean India!!!

Cleanliness is next to Godliness. We all know this and we have been told this golden truth in our childhood days. Till then why do we clean our home but throw the garbage over the street? Why to we smoke the cigarette and throw the leftover bud on the street? Why do we throw the plastic packets of snacks from the window of a running bus? Why do we urinate on footpath walls or defecate on rail lines? These are only a few example how we are making our country dirty. There are many more of such offenses. Many western foreigners look down at our country only because we keep it so dirty. Let us raise voice and make our country clean. After all a clean country can give birth to healthy citizens.

I am tired of seeing my neighbors throwing plastic packets and other domestic waste products not only on the neighborhood streets but also into the drain. How disgusting! On throwing garbage into the drain it gets blocked, spilling its dirty contents over the lanes. It can spread diseases to local people. I have already talked with the local club to arrange a monthly meetings regarding the same. In the meeting we shall discuss about right ways of dumping waste materials of our houses and what are the ill effects those result from careless throwing of garbage. May be it will be a good idea to keep an award like “Environment's friend of the month” which will be awarded randomly to persons who'll be spotted working towards the cause.

Another issue which bothers me is the urination and defecation at inappropriate places! I had blogged on open defecation hazards. That was more due to lack of knowledge and resources in rural population. But urinating shamelessly on public places is unforgivable and usually committed by educated population. Alas it is more shameful! I do not know exactly what more I can do to solve open defecation problem other than trying to educate people, as I live in a city. But regarding the shameless urination habit I will take a tough stand. Whenever I'll spot a person urinating in public space I will take a mobile photo of the person and threaten him to post it in internet if I find him repeating the same act again. If my time permits I'll go for detailed counseling of that person so that he won't dare to piss in open ever again.

Only we can make or break the hygiene of India and being good citizens I believe we should work together for making it a cleaner and better country. We should not only preach but also practice and set example before wrong doers. We can form social groups to discuss, plan and sort out cleanliness issues. Let us raise voice for making our country clean.

This is an entry for #AbMontuBolega campaign organized by Reckitt Benckiser India Limited in association with Indiblogger! This campaign believes in the power of voice to clean India. This campaign wants us to raise our voices against unhygienic issues, dirty systems and greedy authorities to make a difference. I salute such an inspiring campaign. For more details visit the campaign website, Facebook and Twitter page!

No comments:

Post a Comment